2.24.2009

Spring

I know it feels like spring will never come. It's my favorite season. New
life, flowers, my birthday and my anniversary. Could it get better? Well as part of my
avoiding depression the last few weeks of the cold, I planted Crocuses. (I do love snow and
how peaceful and beautiful it is - I like to enjoy each season as it's here - but Spring is
AMAZING!).

For the last two weeks my crocuses have been
pushing up through the bark and snow. This morning they achieved full spring glory. They
are small flowers but so happy. The yellow always come up first, then the white, and next I
should have some purple ones. So for those of you who are spring lovers, I suggest planting to
snow crocus. They come up in early February and are guaranteed to bring hope of spring. There
are also other early bloomers, in bulb form. Look in the fall at places that sell plants. It's
great! You plant them once in late October and then they come up every year with no more
effort on your part but to keep them weeded. Yay flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment