2.03.2009

Adoption Class #2

We just attended our second of five classes Tuesday evening. It was
wonderful. Daniel may feel a bit differently than I do, but I really enjoyed it. We opened up
a bit more, asked more questions and connected. We all made some comments about the stupid
things unthinking people have said to us regarding infertility and "when we are going to have
kids." We talked about the amazing experience that is placement and sealing of that baby. We
talked about birth mothers and how strong they have to be to give of their flesh so we can
have a baby. I felt connected. I felt part of a group. I'm feeling more and more that this is
what we are supposed to do. It's wonderful.

I am really
excited about next week. We are having a birth mother panel. Our teacher has said that after
hearing the testimonies of these birth mothers, they had it confirmed that adoption is a
blessing. I'll let you all know how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. The birthmother panel is one of the most powerful things you will ever
    attend. Jared and I go to as many as we can. You will learn a lot! I'm excited for you and
    your adoption journey. Adoption is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are enjoying it:-) YOur baby will definatly have some
    great parents:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are on your way to getting approved! Good luck with filling
    out the rest of your questions and packet! The preference checklist took us a little while!
    And not to mention the 40+ questionaire you have to fill out! I loved the birthparent panel
    and that is where Brett and I decided that we wanted an open adoption. If you ever need to
    talk, just email me: jennyboo12@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you. Sounds like things are moving right along. Is Daniel
    having a hard time with the classes? You guys will be great parents. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete