2.08.2009

Something to Read

If you want to. On the blog, The R
House
, she has posted an article about infertility and the etiquette
involved. Not that many people have been insensitive, nobody knowingly has said hurtful
things. But the article
she posts is very good. It explains some of the feelings that I have felt over the last 5 and
half years since I found out. I know Daniel's biggest pet peeve is when people at Church start
bugging us about children. Back off old lady, none of your business. When we show up with a
baby, then it's the time for us to have kids.

I will
state that 90% of the time I am OKAY. Don't feel bad for me. I have had time to understand and
come to grips with how things are for me. But the pain is still there, sometimes stronger than
at other times. Maybe this article will help with other people in your life. It helps me
describe the feelings I have had. Maybe you will enjoy it. Don't be offended.

Here
is the article if you are interested. Just a few things to think about when you are around
people with fertility problems.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Ashley,
    thanks for sharing your feelings on
    this subject. I know it can be hard.I read the article, and really did love it. I have people
    close to me that deal with infertility too. It is nice to be more aware of how to be sensitive
    to others feelings. A good reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It was a very insightful article. I had some friends
    who had infertility problems and when people would ask her when they would have kids she would
    say, "When we have enough money to go to Mexico and buy one."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that article. It taught me a lot. I hope I haven't said
    those things to you or really anyone else. But I do know what you mean about the old ladies in
    our ward.:)

    ReplyDelete