4.02.2009

Home Visit

Completed. Wow. It feels a little weird. Everyone was right about it. They come, ask you a few questions, poke their heads into each room, ask about safety features and leave. We have a smoke detector, we have a fire extinguisher. We have no stairs, so we won't need a baby gate. The only thing we are missing is a carbon monoxide monitor. We'll get that tonight.

She asked us things about our house; the square footage, year built, type of structure, etc. She asked about the neighborhood, proximity to church and parks. She asked about friends in the neighborhood. Everything was good, except the carbon monoxide monitor.

As I was talking with Daniel last night we were saying that it feels just a bit more tangible now. Paperwork is all well and good. The questions are interesting. They are what we will be going over in our interviews tomorrow. It's when your case worker comes to your house and talks to you about changes that will need to be made upon placement that it starts to feel a bit more real. We now have only our interviews, our birth parent letter and our paper profile to finish. We are getting a bit more nervous. I know I really want this. I can feel that I really want to be a mom. I am so excited. But we are a bit nervous that we will get chosen very quickly. We need a bit more mental and emotional preparation. But who is ever really prepared? Regardless of anxious or nervous feelings I know this is right for us. I really am truly excited.

If you want to read our birth parent letter, leave me your e-mail or e-mail me at ashleyallen15-at-gmail-dot-com. and I will happy to send it to you. I would love as many people to read it as possible. I have already sent it out to about 25 people for comments and editing. I would appreciate any further opinions on content.

Thank you everyone for your support. Thank you to those of you who have already given me your input on the birth parent letter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you two! You guys are going to be awesome! I would love to read your letter too but I don't really want to leave my email address on here. Maybe we can hook up in the back yard. That would be great. Oooh! Still excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! :-)
    So happy for you!
    Good luck on your interviews today!

    ReplyDelete