5.14.2012

My visit home

Daniel and I got to come home on April 19. This is the first trip home that had gone as scheduled. I didn't have to move it, it was scheduled for work.

The first night home we had steak and baked potatoes. So American. Yummy. We spent the week that Daniel was home doing things with friends, we spent one Sunday with each family. But my favorite part of my trip home thus far, besides seeing friends and family, has been the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I have been so tired of cities, crowds, dirty air that smells, too many people, grr, grr, grr. So a couple hours in a park that wasn't crowded (by Asian standards) seeing my favorite flowers and breathing fresh mountain air was the best thing for me. We had a good time and saw some interesting flowers.

I recommend you go. I think after I have kids I will get a one year membership to the gardens. We'll see.


 I love these striped tulips.

 These were the oddest variety of tulip there. I will have to investigate them and put some in my own garden some day.

These were some of my favorite tulips.

 Daniel and Ben (the other couple we went with) were feeling silly and they were mocking the people who were taking pictures of their (mostly not-cute) kids and took this picture. Gay.
 My favorite color combination.










Daniel was being a sport. He had a picture like this taken at our wedding that was taken like one from high school - that is my favorite.











 Tulips are such happy flowers.







It was a great day enjoying clean air, sunshine, snow capped mountain views, my husband and some friends. It did me good.


1 comment:

  1. I loved the tulips and yes Ben and Daniel can be a little gay sometimes

    ReplyDelete