5.16.2012

Caitlin's Graduation

My sister got her Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sport Science this year. She did college in 3 years. Smarty pants her. We are very proud of her.

It was a good day that started with planting flowers. After her convocation we went to the Garden at Temple Square for dinner. It was yummy.

What made the day hard was missing my dad. When I graduated my dad was able to sit on the stand and meet me after I walked across and give me a hug. It was special. Caitlin not only graduated, but graduated from the same college that my dad taught in, so he would have been on the stand anyway. She did get lots of hugs from others though, from her department and my dad's. I think we all blubbered a little as her name was called and she walked across.

We are so proud of her.
 I just love my sister's smile. She has always had such a beautiful, meaningful smile.

 Mom, Caitlin, Me, Grandpa Budge

 When they called her name I hollered at the top of my lungs "That's my sister!!!" then proceeded to take mediocre pictures. The lighting was bad.
 Dean Grave, of the College of Health, was a friend of my dad's.
 Her cap came off.
 Shaking the hand of her department chair.
Hugging Dan Dustin, the chair of my dad's department. He's been wonderful and helpful. He was one of my dad's best friends down at the U.

 My mom ran over to meet her with some flowers.
 Grandpa - who also graduated from the University of Utah. He graduated from their medical school. over 50 years ago.
 Down by the administration building.
 President's Circle.

The U sign.

Gosh, it's even hard to write this post without getting teary. I miss my dad so much. I know he's proud of her too.

1 comment: