6.29.2011

Sashimi

Yes, I tried it. Here is the play by play of our Japanese dinner with the President of Lifetime China. It was at a tepanyaki place that cooks at your table.

 This is fried cod with a mango sauce. Excellent.
 This is Sashimi. I did not eat the ones with the yellow stuff.  The salmon and cod were okay. They tasted fine and the texture wasn't weird. I thought I'd eat it again -  until 1 am when I changed my mind.
 This may have also been the culprit of the 1 am mind change. It was steamed egg. They cut the top off the egg, place some pieces of cooked meat in it, then cover it with a bowl (upside-down) and cook it until... this point. It was like eggy, creamy custard. I couldn't do it. Gag (still gagging!)
Daniel handled his okay though. We won't be eating this again.

Then we began the three course lobster section of the meal. Lobsters on the grill to die.

Then lobster dismembered part 1. Our chef was very talented with a knife and fork. 


Then the lobster cooks some more. Then dismemberment part 2.




So you noticed the front half of the lobster was placed on a plate. That comes back later. We got two different types of lobster soup.

So then the lobster continues to cook and you end up with this on your plate.
End result: I don't like lobster. I love crab. Don't really need to ever eat lobster again. (side note: did you know that the lobster is closely related to the cockroach? Yup. the cockroach of the sea.)

These are lamb chops. Yum. 

Then we had some delicious meat that every other one of my dinner compatriots decided to have overcooked. I ate it at a nice medium rare and loved it! Then we had the previously referred to lobster soup and some fried rice. The fried rice was AMAZING!

 Those are veggie being tossed around.

It was a fun dinner, but like I said, 5 hours later I changed my mind. (Now I have pepto - Thank you in-laws and Charlene. No more black tar pills for me, thank you very much.)

Want to make things more fun? I had to get up at 7 the next morning to attend "Relationship training" camp. AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. The Lamb and even the lobster looks good, but the rest really just reminds me of the Fire and Ice Grill...ugh

    ReplyDelete