4.24.2011

Our Easter Sunday

We spent our Easter Sunday rather quietly. We went to Church at the Brittons and then stayed for lunch. It was nice to be with other members of the church on Easter. Brother Britton taught the Gospel Doctrine lesson - over the phone. I was asked to participate by sharing a time in which I lived a gospel principle and had my testimony strengthened.

I shared when I paid a large amount of tithing at a time when I was trying to save money for trip to Italy with my mother and in order to go I had to pay for it myself. I was working my tail off at various jobs and I sold my family so many Ligori's frozen pizza's they almost got to the point they wanted to pay me not to sell them. Later that same Sunday night someone from the ward called me and offerede m a job for the Christmas season. It was enough to help me finish paying for this trip. To a 15 year old it was an amazing testimony builder. It was odd talking into a phone from which I could not hear anything and I had no confirmation that people were hearing what I was saying.


We got some Easter Lilies and we are now watching a cute movie and blogging about life here in Xiamen.

I am very grateful for the life Heavenly Father has given me. Among my trials have been many tender mercies. I know the Lord is watching over our experience in China helping us in little ways every day.

I am grateful this Easter Sunday to have a Savior and to have a personal knowledge of my Savior. I am also grateful that we can meet as Saints in China and the technology that allows us to "congregate."

1 comment:

  1. It's like china is a time machine. It's not even Easter afternoon here yet. Woah.

    ReplyDelete