4.11.2011

Moving out

Moving out was hard. I'm just typing this to document it for myself. It was weird to see my house empty. I was very good though and didn't get emotional about it. The only time I teared up was when we were on the way to drop the dogs off. That was hard. I miss them.

We started packing up weeks ago and getting random things to the storage unit. Then last week we started packing for real. Books and book shelves were the first to go. Then the rest of our back bedroom went. Then it got harder. Kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, TV room, living room. We had to do something with all of our food - so we sold/gave it all away. It was a completely different thing from moving houses. Moving your life into storage was hard.

The move started to hit us and feel real when we dropped our bins off for shipping. Wow. We had dinner with friends on 4 different nights. That was good.

We finished up at 11:30 p.m. Saturday night and went to my in-laws. We slept there - sort of. We didn't sleep much. We got up at 6:00 to go the airport. We are now in Atlanta and I am enjoying the sunshine - a little too much. I forgot to put sunscreen on and now I have some pretty good lines on my upper arms and neckline.

Awesome. Next time - Atlanta Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment