6.09.2012

Happy Birthday Grandma

The biggest reason we went to Virginia was for my grandmother's birthday. We had most of our family there. We were missing just 5 people, my mom, my brothers and two cousins, and the 3 that have already passed away.


My Aunt Georganne and her husband Andy hosted. They have an amazing yard about 30 mins. outside of town. Andy works as an estate manager for the former residence of Mr. Kluge that is now owned by the University of Virginia. That man can grow grass like nobody's business.We had lots of my grandma's friends come.

 Her cake was beautiful. My Aunt searched hard for food grade pansies for the cake. They are my grandma's favorite flower. It was very yummy cake too.
Blowing out the candles.

 Opening her book.
My cousin gave my grandma this nice blanket with all our names on it. It has Arave and my grandma and grandpa on the apples at the bottom and then on the branches are the names of her kids with each of her grandkids names. It was really nice.

My Aunt Jennifer sent invitations out around January and with her invitations she sent out a page to a scrapbook and asked everyone to make a page about my grandmother and how they know her or some fun memories. It was a great idea and turned out beautifully. These are some of the pages.



Some of my families pages.



This is the page that one of my dad's cousins did. His daughter is the same age I am. I'm not sure what freaky kind of face I'm pulling, but there you go. I was probably about 10 at that time. Jessie and I had a lot good times back then. How many of you can say that you are good friends with your second cousin? I am.


I know you are all jealous that I was so cool at age 10 and you didn't know me then.

It was good to be there for my grandma. But it was very hard. Because of her family of 7, including her, she has lost her husband, one son and one daughter to very weird, nasty, horrible diseases.

But I look at her legacy of strength and fortitude and I am amazed by her. She was convert at age 20. She's always done what the Lord would have her do. She has remained faithful through all her trials and continues to amaze me. I love her so much. I love you grandma. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment