1.14.2009

Tuesday Tidbit on Wednesday


Tidbit #2

Balance.

Last night as I was trying to go to
sleep I realized that I forgot to do the Tuesday Tidbit. Ooops. I had planned on doing it when
I got home but something else got on my mind and I completely forgot. So here it is. I was
thinking about people that I admire, and that are admired in general. Mostly they are balanced
people. This goes back to the concept last week of improving yourself, but making sure you do
it many ways. I've seen that most people have done that with resolutions this year.

Balance extends into more than your learning endeavors. It also
should be part of you budget and you time. As I looked at the mess around me yesterday I sort
of woke up. I have become a gamer. Not too bad, but still I like to "plug myself into the
mother ship" as my husband says. I haven't touched a piano in weeks. I've let my reading taper
off. I've decided this may be why I feel out of sorts.

Balance: mental
steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment. This is what I need.
Mental steadiness. It's coming. I feel better this week as I have stuck to a morning routine
that gets me fed, cleaned and off to work at a decent hour. I woke myself up this morning and
actually thought about the rest of the day. I even pulled out my frozen lasagna (home-made OF
COURSE) and that's what we are having for dinner. See, thinking ahead. Saves me pain later. I
have also exercised twice this week. Nothing major just a few toning exercises in the
afternoon right when I get home. It's amazing how physical movement can help your mind move as
well.

This might be boring, but it's made me feel
better. I am feeling a great trepidation as we begin the adoption process. I know it's the
right thing, but that doesn't take all the fear out it. We know how much we will be paying to
"buy a kid" as Daniel says, but how much to maintain it? Yikes. We don't even have any idea
how quickly me might get one. We were both flooded with worries of inadequacy last night. I'm
sure it's the same things everyone thinks? I hope so. Our interview is in two days. This
Friday. We have no idea what to expect. I'll have to report as soon as we come home.

4 comments:

  1. You guys will be great parents. Don't let that ever leave your mind. Just
    like every kid is different they need different types of parenting. And you'll figure it out.
    No way is right or wrong. You guys are awesome and good luck on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance! You are so right! You have such great insight. I think my scales
    are always tipped one way or another. You guys will be GREAT parents...The lord knows what you
    need and who needs you. No need to worry. He has trusted me with kids, so you will have no
    problem at all! Keep up the good work. Our prayers are with you. Oh, one of my new friends
    here in nampa has adopted 4 girls in two years...a lot more than they have planned on. The
    oldest two are from ethopia and are both deaf!!! The started with LDS family services and then
    changed...so if in a while you have questions I'm sure she would be glad to chat with you.
    Hope you have a GREAT day! Tell Daniel hi for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on starting the adoption process. That is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sorry, out of sight, out of mind. Comment more to avert future
    disaster, plus Daniel's was invite only so it won't work on a blog roll. And of course, that's
    moot since he deleted it.

    ReplyDelete