1.27.2009

Tuesday Tidbit #4

Okay, I'm off the deep stuff this week. Today's is

Macaroni and
Cheese
!! Yummy

What do you know about the history of Macaroni
and Cheese?

I learned something this last week. Thomas
Jefferson was the first American to serve Macaroni and Cheese in the White House in 1802.
According to my research
Thomas Jefferson is the Father of American Baked Macaroni and Cheese. He had been in Europe
and brought home a pasta machine. He then proceeded to invent a better machine and started to
put cheese with the elbow noodles. He used cheddar, American cheese, sharp cheese, etc. So
next time you eat Macaroni and Cheese and tell yourself you are in company with one of our
founding fathers' favorite food.
Also, it was one of Ronald
Reagan's favorite foods. Here
is the recipe he liked. Presidential Food!!!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, okay, okay. Now, now, what you need to do is research American cheese
    and tell me what the heck it is. Or used to be. Now, I'm pretty sure it's plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good FYI, Erik would really appreciate this post, he loves mac and cheese
    and history, I'll have to fill him in. That is neat that you had that big interview, how
    intimidating. I don't know how I would answer any questions about parenting and I have two
    kids. I am so excited for you two to have a baby, you really are going to be the sweetest mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, That made me smile, and I needed that! Thanks!
    I
    have my days where I think it is great and other days that I really don't like it.
    It could be that eat A LOT of it at our house, Kraft Mac & Cheese is a must have
    in every parent's kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, interesting to know:-) Love Mac'N'Cheese:-)YUM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob and I had mac n' cheese last night! (though we prefer shells and
    cheese...they hold the cheese better that the macaroni). And as far as the Museum, the new
    Dev. Director HATES me! Seriously, she just up and took 3 days off my paycheck! So I've had
    enough...and yeah, it's probably pretty good you left too!

    ReplyDelete