11.11.2008

The Biggest Adventure of Our Lives!

We are about to embark on the longest, hardest journey of our lives. But
first a little history. When I was 19 I got an auto-immune thyroid disease. We zapped my
thyroid dead and I am now on medication. Then next spring I had another auto-immune failure
and since then I have known I could not have my own children. So today Daniel and I went and
met with LDS Family Services for our Orientation Interview. Over the next 6 months we will go
through the process of applying for adoption through LDS Family Services. Wow. It's going to
be long and something of a roller-coaster, but we feel it's the right for us to do. So here we
go. I am so excited!

6 comments:

  1. You guys will be awesome parents! I am so excited for you. Best wishes and
    good luck on you journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know that about you. How exciting to start the process. Good
    luck to you guys. You will be great parents. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, that is fantasitc news that you guys are starting this process. You
    will find that perfect little angel that was meant to be yours! I think adoption is so great!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Some of our friends have done that. And you are right, it will be
    quite a journey, but it will be worth it! Are prayers are with you! You'll do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's big! I'm happy that that's what you guys have decided to do.
    I'm sure it will be an emotional journey (as is infertility!). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! So, so exciting! I wish you all the best with it. I don't have any
    experience with it, but some of my friends adopted through LDS family services and had a
    wonderful experience with them, their birthmother, and of course, their new baby. They loved
    the program that LDS family service puts you through, too. I am so excited for you both. Good
    luck!Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete