9.05.2008

Help..of some sort.

I'm stressed out. I think that's why I have cut my hair, gained weight, put
cereal in the freezer and I'm always tired. So here is how I need help. I need to quit my job
in Salt Lake. I feel guilty doing it though. I am now "committed" to a conference in October,
a trip to return artifacts to St. George in October, and project and trip in the middle of
November. I could get out of them all except the conference in October, they've already paid
for that. How do I quit? My boss intimidates me and I feel like I'd be chickening out if I
sent an e-mail to tell her I need to talk to her about quitting. I hate the guilt feelings,
but I told her when she hired me that I'd probably work until Christmas, when I expected to
look at other job opportunities.

This
picture is almost two years old, but this is how I feel. Caught off guard, confused and
looking for something. Help.

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, try to relax! I know it's hard,though. You really just have to do
    what is best for you and your little family. It was one of the hardest thing that I have had
    to do when I quit my job at Sources, but I knew it was the best thing for me. And I just quit
    my job a the hospital, too, and that was scarry. I HATE quitting jobs, but really you just
    have to think about if it is the right decision for you. Then just pray for some help, and
    everything will work out. Remember, people quit jobs every day. You are a good employee, so I
    am sure they will be sad to see you go, but if it is the right decision, it will all be fine.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,
    I know that you have no idea who I am (unless
    Daniel has told you) but Amy is right. For some reason we (especially as women) have a "sick
    loyalty" to our jobs. I have done it too, but you just put your trust in the Lord and your
    family first and things will come together. You don't have to give them a reason why you are
    leaving, and don't let them guilt you into staying. When you are ready, just give your two
    weeks notice and stick to your guns. It will be worth it in the end. You will be happier and
    so will your family. Our Prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was terrified to quit my last job. I walked in and my boss immediately
    said, "Ok, this isn't going to be a good conversation" - just from the look on my face. Yeah,
    they may feel "inconvenienced," or something. But all in all, they'll eventually understand.
    And if they don't, oh well - you're out of there!

    ReplyDelete