6.26.2008

Tribute to MUSEUMS!!

Someone once complained to me that Utah is devoid of high class museums. I
beg to differ. I have worked at Park City's local museum, that
is currently under a multi-million dollar renovation.

I have worked at the Museum
of Church History and Art
, a museum with a professionally trained team
mixing religion and history in wonderful exhibits, that rotate. They are currently preparing
for an international art competition that brings in some fabulous work (and some Richard
things -only Carrie, Jen and Gloria would understand).There is also the Museum at which I currently work, the Utah Museum of Natural
History
whose standard have achieved a gift of 15 million dollars from an
international mining company.

Also on the University of Utah campus there is
a once in a lifetime opportunity to see world renown art. The Monet to Picasso
exhibit is currently on exhibit. The UMFA is one of only four places in the country to receive
this traveling exhibit, open through Sept. 1.I just
heard on the radio this morning about a
Leonardo da Vinci exhibit with
realistic working models of over 60 of his inventions and over 11 replicas of his paintings on
exhibit through Oct. 4. I don't know about you all, but I will be taking advantage of these
traveling exhibits. I plan to spend an entire day at the UMFA and the da Vinci exhibits on a
Wednesday July 23. You can email me if you are interested in going with me.

1 comment: