6.11.2008

Roses and the Nobel Prize

I have the coolest job. But first, the roses. One of my bushes has tons of
blossoms and another is getting ready to bloom tons. I love roses, they are so pretty and
happy, but with elegance and dignity.


At work
today I had to go in early because of an incoming loan. The museum borrowed Dr. Mario
Capecchi's Nobel Prize Medal. We have an exhibit on DNA and since his work is so highly
involved with DNA we are making a copy of the medal for display. In order to make the most
accurate copy we needed to make a cast mold of the original. So we got if for 24 hours. I had
to get it and sign the paperwork for it. Then I had to make a condition report of it. It was
really cool. How often do normal people have interaction with the Nobel Prize medal? Granted,
I didn't meet him, but my signature is next to his on the paper! I know it's arrogant and
silly but I felt pretty cool. Don't mind the picture, self portrait. I didn't look so hot
today, but anyway. There you go. Some of the perks of my job.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Ashley! You know I can appreciate stuff like that.
    Anything dealing with actual artifacts just gets me excited!! And your roses look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! It sounds like you have such a cool job! My roses also are
    just blooming and I love it! I don't think I'm going to see my lily's this year though:( I
    love the red door by the way!

    ReplyDelete