1.15.2012

Tuesdays with Daddy

It's like Tuesdays with Maurie, but for me it was my dad. My dad has been having some trouble recovering from his stroke and so he can't drive. He had some things he wanted to get done that it was hard for others to take him to do until I got home. So I spent Tuesdays, the day my mom worked a 12 hour shift, with my dad taking him places and finishing up his holiday shopping.

One of the times we were out we stopped at Farr's Fresh for ice cream. Throughout everything, ice cream has been the one consistent thing he will eat and still tastes good to him. So we got him all he wanted. This was his treat for the day.
He kept wanting to try all of them. So this was the end result: egg nog ice cream, lemon custard, pineapple whip, raspberry whip and some peach tart yogurt on top. With some fruit. I had to grab a picture. It was good for me spend those specific days with just my dad. It was some quality time with memories that I will treasure forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment