1.20.2012

Christmas Day

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family. Thanksgiving would have been with Daniel's family had we been in the states. We did our Christmas with them on the 30th and had a great day.

Christmas Eve was a great dinner of king crab, snow crab, steak bites and lots of sides. It's our annual tradition to do a meal of "surf'n turf" during the holidays. They day varies, but we have been doing it for years. I love it. I am a huge fan of king crab legs. Yummy to my tummy!

Christmas morning was good. We had a nice brunch of bacon, eggs, and sausage. The we started opening presents.

 Presents and stockings Christmas morning.
 Christmas tree and presents. My sister decorates my parents tree. It's beautiful.
 Zucchi, the little yorkie who was scared through most of the day. She spends a lot of her time being scared.
 The early Christmas present to my mom from her parents. It's just beautiful and goes in their new living room very well.
 My brother forgot to wrap my sister's present so my mom put it in a paper bag with a small bow. My sister is good at pulling faces.
 My brother had me and got me a Bazinga Snuggie. It's awesome here in the cold, stone, uninsulated apartment in China.
 The boys playing with the laser pens we brought them.
 My mom was confused as to why we gave her chalk. It was part one of a three part present. The 2nd was a new recipe card book and the 3rd a chalkboard paint menu board my sister did. I wish I had a picture because my sister free handed the letters and they look beautiful. My sister is talented.
 Last summer my dad accidentally bumped a custom picture from my uncle and the frame broke. So for Christmas my mom, my sister and I went and picked out a new frame and mat. He was surprised and it turned out great.
The linen shirt I got my mom from Thailand.

Christmas was good. Happy memories were made and good gifts were given and received.
Then it was off to church for good music and the true meaning of Christmas.

Then for Christmas day dinner we had ham and funeral potatoes. So yummy. My favorite. My brother had a friend come, who would have spent Christmas alone, and my grandpa came. My grandma didn't feel well, but we sent food home for her. It was a good dinner.

I was snapping pictures with my iphone and my grandpa was being silly:
The first picture I took the light was not quite behind his head and he told me I messed up his halo. So here is his picture with his "halo" in the right place.

Overall it was great.

Then we had Bingo. I'll track down photos and post about that soon. It's an annual "fiasco" and a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment