10.16.2011

The Phuket Zoo - Monkeys

Before you all get to the pictures, I need to state a disclaimer.
It's hard to watch animals exploited and I don't support animal mistreatment. At the Phuket Zoo the animals are well taken care of, but they are used to bring in money. They are not hurt or mistreated. I was a bit uncomfortable watching the monkey show, but as I saw that the monkeys were healthy and trusted their handlers, specific handlers for only a few monkeys, I realized that these animals are better off with the care they are receiving than in their endangered state in the wild. With modern development in south east Asia, the wild is growing smaller. So beyond my opinions, which I don't want discussed further on this blog or it's comments, here is our day at the zoo.

Our first thing was to see the monkey show.
 It is a Welcome sign in Thai.
 Getting a refreshing drink.

One of the babies.
 If I look nervous it's because the monkey is hissing.
 Soft little babies. Now I really am baby hungry. Daniel says I am not allowed to kidnap monkeys or Chinese children and that I have to wait until we get back to the states and get an open an adoption profile again. But aren't they cute?
Posing with the fruit he picked. 

Then we went to the croc show. I'll post that one tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Please do not adopt any monkeys that look like that one on your shoulder. I'm pretty sure it wanted to kill people. Starting with you.

    ReplyDelete