7.31.2011

Pictures from Daniel's birthday party

The people that came over for Daniel's party cooked up a storm!
 This is the cake the they brought for him. My favorite part was the chocolate curls. The cook with a sweet flour over here that is too much for me. I can't eat stuff baked with it.
 Making "Jiaozi" - Chinese dumplings.
 Everyone helped.
 There are 8 Chinese girls in our kitchen cooking and preparing!
Cooking the jiaozi - you boil them. They were pretty tasty.
 Enjoying the first part of the meal.
 This is a cucumber salad that Daniel just loves.
 This is sweet and sour pork. Selena said she ruined it, but it tasted pretty good to me.
 I can't tall you what seasoning was on this meat, but it was really yummy. I think it may have been Chinese 5 spice.
 This is pork, tomatoes and potatoes that were soaked in Balsamic vinegar. It was really yummy.
 Shrimp - here in China they cook it with the head and skin on. They say it tastes better cooked that way. I can't taste a difference.
 This was spicy chicken.
 Enjoying the yummy food. Bella, on the far left, has the same birthday as Daniel. So that party was for her too.
 So much food.
 The whole party - minus Ray who was taking the picture and Mike who had to leave earlier to help a friend.
Playing snorta. All in all it was a good time.

4 comments:

  1. Ian says: I hope Daniel will teach me how to play that. It looks pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy Birthday to Daniel! Sorry, so late. I haven't been able to look at your blog for a while. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you get home I think you need to have a Chinese food party at your house. I was drooling on this post.

    ReplyDelete