7.24.2011

Daniel's 30th Birthday

Although his birthday is really today, Happy Birthday Daniel!, we did most of our celebrating on Saturday. His day began with presents his parents and siblings sent over. He got an Xbox headset (that works marvelously) and a bunch of food stuffs that are hard or impossible to find over here. We'll be savoring those puppies! Thanks guys!

He played games with his buddies at home on Xbox live for a few hours. I gave him a set of small carved dragons for his desk. Then we headed out to get his big surprise. We went over to Gulangyu where I had gotten something for him at Yogi's. I had Yogi add Happy Birthday to it and stretch it. He really likes it and was very surprised.


It's of Guilin, a place we hope to see while we live here.

On our way home I told Daniel that I had one more little surprise for him at home. When we got home he heard giggling and thought the neighbors were being loud. He tried to open the door and couldn't. So he tried a second time and as he opened it he saw someone rush into our office where they locked the door. Daniel's friends from work had come (I left my keys in the mail box) to give him a surprise party. I didn't have my phone so it kind of got muddled. But the best part was that they couldn't get the lock undone! We were laughing. The keys were in the office with them so they had to push the keys under the door one at a time until we got the one that would open it. Then they had cake and the stayed and cooked a bunch of traditional Chinese food. It was a great party. Then we played Snorta with them. If you have never played Snorta, then you are missing out. It's a hilarious game.



2 comments:

  1. Daniel you are getting old just like the rest of us. I am glad that you had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend going to Guilin! It's beautiful down there! I spent a week in Yuanghshou being very touristy! You'll love it! it's worth the crazy hours of travel time!

    ReplyDelete