5.04.2009

Off to the side------>

You will notice a poll. We have an adoption blog. There are no ways to comment on this blog. There are no links that will possibly lead anyone to find out who we are, last name, or where we live. It will be linked from our LDSFS profile. I am not sure how much to publish this. Should I link on this blog so you all can see? Will you spread the word? What would you do? Comments and suggestions are welcome - from anyone - whether I know you or not. This is my future family we're talking about here!!

3 comments:

  1. My understanding of adoption is that the more people that know you are adopting the easier it is to find a birth mother. So I think you should link here. What would the down side be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more technically inclined in the family may be able to answer this one...but I think it's possible that the address posted here could be discovered by a technically savvy birth parent. It seems to be fairly important to remain anonymous throughout the adoption process. But I'm not sure how possible or likely that kind of technical exposure would be. And Heather's definitely right the more people who know you're looking, the better. Although, it's pretty clear already that you're looking to adopt. Hmmm, I've got no good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is possible to trace it back here, but at the same time, a quick google search for "Daniel Ashley adopt" gives this blog as the first hit. It would possibly be a tiny bit easier to find (and/or confirm) if you linked directly from here, but I see it as more of a technicality than anything else.

    ReplyDelete