5.04.2009

Longwood Gardens

I think this was my favorite part of this trip. These gardens were amazing. We learned about them at the hotel after we toured Philadelphia. They were begun by Quaker brothers in the mid 1800s. In the late 1910s (I think) Pierre S. Du'Pont (GM Corporation and Dupont paint people) bought the gardens and saved them from bankruptcy. The property became his summer home. It now belongs to the foundation. The garden was just I needed after a frustrating day before with eighth graders. After the gardens we went home to Charlottesville. Next post I will show you pictures from my time with family and at Monticello. I will also show you all my awesome birthday present from my grandma Arave. Needless to say, she knows what my passions and interests are.

No comments:

Post a Comment