8.03.2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

THE GOOD -
The Museum that I work for broke ground this
week for our new building. It's going to be an awesome building. For the Ground Breaking
Ceremony they had copper shovels. When a copper mining company gives you $15 mil. you tend to
do stuff like that for them. It was cool. A lot of the big whigs from the State were there.
Gov., Mayors, rich people, and University Representatives. I hope they enjoy it, since I'm not
planning on being there past a year. (My boss won't be happy when I quit this fall!)
This is
the view out over the Salt Lake Valley from the new museum site. It's going to be a great view
on three sides.
This is
Mr. Bones. He's a man from Colorado who had this dinosaur skeleton cast from original bones.
They are life size and made of foam and paper mache. It was great. Everyone loved
him.
This is
me and my boss. Everyone took their turn trying to dig into the hard ground with spray painted
shovels. There was like 2-3 inches of dust, then rock hard ground. The big shovels will begin
this week. Come see when it's open in January 2011.

THE
BAD or Sad.
One of my best friends moved this week to Kansas City, Missouri
so her husband could start D.O. school on Monday morning. It was sad to see her go but they
are beginning a new chapter where they will grow and learn a lot. Good luck Marcie and
Scott!!
SueZan's son Caleb, SueZan, Me with SueZan's baby Ella, Marcie and
her boy Eli (who wanted to go home) and CarriAnn. We'll miss you Marcie.

THE UGLY - Yesterday we put the dogs out because they had way to
much energy to be in the house. When Winston wanted back in Daniel looked down at him and saw
he was covered in mud. Daniel just laughed and said we needed to get a towel. He was so proud
of himself. We had the sprinklers on and he likes water. These pictures weren't taken
yesterday but he did get a bath before he was allowed anywhere and this is about what he
looked like. He likes water, but hates baths. I'm just glad he's small. Lacy wouldn't fit in
the sink. Isn't
he too cute? I love the little stink pot.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, sorry I missed the going away party. I was seriously so sad about it.
    I got your message, but every Tuesday night I take dinner up to Josh's grandpa and spend some
    time with him. He is a very recent widower. Anyway, I missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete