12.23.2012

The Rest of Hong Kong

After that we headed to the the central area and went up the Mid-level escalators. It is a path of escalators that goes for 800 meters, about 2,600 feet. It was very unique. Some were steep, like steps, others were shallow steps and others were more like conveyor belts. It was very interesting. Instead of taking a taxi down we walked down and saw some fun things. We walked a cool path and enjoyed out Mrs. Field's cookies along the way (they have stores in a lot of the MTR stations). 



 Looking down into the streets.
 The mosque we saw on the way up. 
 A drainage tunnel.




The the roadway system on the way down the peak. It's pretty steep.
 
Then we headed to dinner. We did some wandering because one of the places we wanted to eat was originally not open and then when it did it was too expensive. They told us because we didn't have a reservation that we could only eat if we finished before a certain time. Dumb. So we wandered a little more. We ended up at a yummy reasonably priced Thai food restaurant. We really enjoyed that. I'm really missing authentic Thai food here in Utah. Gosh, as I type this I realize I'm homesick (word choice?) for Asia. I miss it a bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be home, but that was home for 18 months and it included so many wonderful things and people. I really miss it. And I'm not sure if I'll ever get back. Here's hoping I get to take my kids in 10 years. China is just such a huge part of our lives, I can't imagine not sharing it with my kids. 

Then we headed to Mongkok to do some shopping, at which we were successful. We had fun bargaining. At least I did. Daniel makes me do it because he's not as hard core as I am. I love it. It's like the thrill of the hunt. Can't hunt that way in Utah. I miss that a little too. 


Then we headed back to the hotel to relax. 

Our last day in Hong Kong was Disneyland. That'll be my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment