9.01.2010

In the mean time... Limbo

No, not the limbo, but Limbo -the middle time Catholics believe you spend your time in before judgment. Now you just learned something. We are in a big "in the mean time..." right now. At least I am.

Do you ever feel like your hands are tied? I do.

Conundrum: If I get a job, then we'll get a baby and I will need to stay home. If I try to further my education - we'll get a baby and I won't get anywhere. But we don't have a baby. But I am afraid to start anything for fear of being interrupted. So in the mean time I am trying to come up with inexpensive entertaining things and projects.

I have been cross-stitching a panel for a baby boy's room.

I went to the Zoo with my friend and her kids. Like my surrogate children. Love them.

Power-washed the house.

Reading.

Planning painting projects.

Anyone have other ideas that don't cost much, or any, money? Or that doesn't involve making treats I can't consume on my own. I am not allowed to gain weight. No really. Things are bad.

To follow: pictures of some of the things I've done this summer.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I can see how you kinda feel like your life is on pause at the moment...I'm sorry. I admire you that you are being productive and looking for new things to do/learn. An idea for you...one of my favorite things to do is to look through catalogs (like Pottern Barn) and look at their decorations and artwork in the background (stuff they don't actually sell, not that I could ever afford it anyway) and try to figure out how to make it myself. Or I like to get on KSL or go to thrift stores and find old furniture and strip it down and repaint it to make it my own. So much less expensive! I really enjoy the sense of accomplishment when I'm finished. Good luck with everything!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend in the exact situation. The best advice given to her was: "Live!" Don't put your life on hold for uncertainty's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya, Ashley! 3 1/2 years has been a long limbo for us. But I agree, don't just put things on hold. If you want to go back to school, do it. If you want to find a job, go for it. And if that's what gets you a baby, great! :) Even an employer that's sad to lose you is going to understand if you finally get the baby you've been waiting for.

    Another suggestion...I don't remember if I even told you I did this. I worked at the temple last year. I talked to my Bishop and I became an ordinance worker. The BEST thing I ever could have come up with to fill my days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like if you go back to school or get a job, it'll get you a kid, so . . . it's wirth a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete