4.11.2010

Recent Food Experiments

I have been having fun doing some home made foods. I got a pasta roller for Christmas and have been having fun with it. I made 3 cheese and spinach ravioli. They weren't pretty but they tasted pretty good.

I wilted the spinach in olive oil.
Then added it to the cheese - ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
I rolled out the pasta in sheets and then I put the filling between the sheets.
These are the best looking ones of the bunch.
Daniel mostly approved. They tasted good, but I need to work on my skills. I have to time the cooking better, but I'll get there.


Saturday I made Kiwi preserves. It only takes 5 ingredients. Pineapple juice, lime juice, 4 kiwi, liquid pectin and sugar.

You slice the kiwi thin (peeled of course!) and then boil it with the sugar and juices. When it gets to a rolling boil you add the pectin and boil for a full minute.
Then you put it in hot jars with hot lids and process them for 10 minutes. I added some food coloring. I think a little too much. But it looks pretty. It tastes pretty yummy, but you can definitely taste the pineapple. It's more a pineapple-kiwi jam. I think it was a success.

1 comment:

  1. I have been experimenting a lot with foods lately too - so fun!

    ReplyDelete