10.20.2009

More Crafts!

I've been home sick the last few days so I have taken the opportunity to do a few more Halloween crafts. I mostly used things I already had around the house.

These are made of card stock - I am going to put candy in them for our Halloween party. I played around with the printer and sent the card stock through the printer so that the words were in the right place. Then I just placed the template on, traced them, cut them out and glued them together. I think they're cute.
I found this idea on Martha Stewart's website. Say what you will about her, but I love her Halloween stuff. I have a cookie recipe from her that I absolutely love. I'll post them when I make them. I used a heavy card stock for the frame. She just used black, but I found this shiny iron looking paper that worked wonderfully. Then you print the shadows out on vellum (I used gold) and then a wire hanger. My husband thought they were awesome. You just hang electric tea lights in the center and you have lanterns. I'm excited to hang them.

I was looking through a Christmas craft book when I saw bells made out of half circle fabric. So I thought I'd turn them into witches hats and add the brim. To make the fabric stiff I used Heat n'Bond, an applique adhesive, and ironed fabric on both sides so it was stiff. You could make these out of paper too. I zig-zagged around all the edges. Then you fold the half circle into a cone and glue - I used hot glue.

Then I used a 10" ribbon glued to the center of the circle (brim) and pulled it up through the hole in the cone. Glued that in place and then another 10" for the decor around the hat.
I think they turned out pretty cute. It takes quite a bit of fabric to to the seven hats with two layers. I think I used about a quarter of a yard, maybe a little more. But it was just broadcloth, so it was like 1.50 a yard on sale.

Anyway, I'm having fun with crafting. Next group of things will be candy and food stuff for our party. I'm working on candy eyes right now. I'll post more when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment