9.08.2009

Sorry, Sorry, I'm back

I've been doing my thing, being lazy, etc. Here are a few pics of what I have been up to.

On August 18th my sister-in-law had her fourth baby. Beautiful baby girl. They named her Naomi and when I saw her, she looked like a Naomi. Here she is with her three older siblings.
Proud mommy. Can you believe how beautiful she is? Look at that hair! It's like velvet. We're excited to have her added to the family. Last week, in order to help her out I had her youngest with me all afternoon. She is the funnest, sweetest 2 1/2 year old ever! She went tons of places with me and was so good. She helped me remember things and get flowers for her mom. Her siblings were jealous when they found out we had pizza for lunch at Costco. Their turn will come. Thanks for going with me Hazel!

Then the last two weekends we spent at Bear Lake. My grandparents have a condo at Ideal Beach - I have been every summer since I was born! This was year 27! Wow I am sounding old! The first weekend was great, and mostly just the two of us. Some of Daniel's family came up for a few hours on Saturday evening and played. The weather was wonderful. It was relaxing and pleasant. Just what I needed it to be.
Then this past weekend we had a bunch of friends up with us. Only five of us got in the water, the other four and the two babies couldn't hack the lake water. It wasn't even cold, for Bear Lake. Us and the Carmony's - the tough ones.
We spent most the rest of time that we weren't swimming, playing nertz. A really fun fast paced card game. Daniel didn't want to pack, so I did while he watched me. He didn't stop me when I packed matching shirts for us for every day. He even wore them with me. I know we are goof balls. Maybe dumb, but it had everyone else chuckling at us. Friday was hand tie-died from a family party, Saturday was Pepperidge farm Goldfish shirts, Sunday was Utah Museum of Natural History shirts, seen below, and Monday was Scleroderma foundation shirts. Dorks. But it was fun. We have had a good two weeks. Time to settle down for a while. I'll try to resume my founding fathers blurbs soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a great time! I'm also glad to see you home. I've missed our backyard discussions.:)

    ReplyDelete