12.17.2008

Christmas Time

I absolutely love Christmas. Daniel will tell you have I have been really
silly happy since Thanksgiving. We got our tree up last Wednesday. I spent Thursday evening
decorating it while he played games with his buddies. I think the dogs had it confirmed to
them that I am crazy. I had Christmas music on and was dancing around and singing along. I
just love Christmas. It makes me so happy. I have always loved Christmas and the Christmas
spirit. Part of the fun this year was when I did the gift from my sister-in-law Crystal's
family. We have Crystal and her family this year. We made a nativity set out of blocks and
stickers so kids can play with it. We matched a Christmas scripture with each block and did
the 12 days of Christmas so they open a block from now until Christmas. It definitely helped
put me in the right spirit.

My
Christmas tree this year. All the little gold ornaments are from places we went while were
back east this September. I love it. It reminds me of how much fun we had.This is
the advent calender that I started last year when I visited my grandma in Virginia. I finished
and I love hanging up the little ornaments.

Last
Saturday was Daniel's Family Christmas party. His mom has nine siblings. It's a pretty big
party. They have a Santa every year. These are my nieces and nephews and
sisters-in-law.Eli
whispered what he wanted to Santa. Hazel was scared and hiding behind Crystal.Noah
didn't want to really get very close. Gracie would not get on Santa's lap, so Heather just
held her.

Yesterday I went up to my mother-in-law's to
make sweets with Crystal and Heather. We had a good time. We made some very yummy treats. I
will post the recipes because they are just that good. I have many more to make for the
Christmas parties I have coming up.
These are just some random pictures I have
taken that entertain me. Lacy is convinced she is a small dog.
We put
the dogs to be one night and they weren't ready to sleep. So this is what happened.
When
Winston was a puppy he liked to sit in random places. On top of Lacy's head was one of those
places.
They
actually do get along most of the time.
This
would be Winston's choice of places to sit if we let him. Unfortunately his nails really hurt
when he does this.
This is
his new back yard perch. He can see more when he is up high.
Lacy is
a sun dog. Even if it is cold outside she will go outside and sit in the ramp to the shed in
the sun. Lazy Lacy.Last
week at Costco we bought a little bed for Winston. He likes to cuddle up against things so I
thought a bed with sides would be a good idea. He likes it. So does Lacy. He sits on the couch
with us sometimes and she is not allowed on the couch since she is so large and sheds like
nothing else. So she took to sleeping in Winston's little bed. Big dog in a little
bed.
This is
their general response when I tell them I have to leave for work. Love the
enthusiasm.
Daniel's dad was over this summer and threw a tennis ball that
landed in the fence, where Daniel's hand is. She tried to get it and could not figure out
how.
This is
the general entertainment at my house. I don't know how I would survive without my animals.
People are right when they say it is unconditional love. They are always excited to see us and
spend time with us. I love them like children. They mean so much to us. I can only imagine how
much I will love my kids! (And spoil them rotten!)

Sorry for the long post. Hope it entertained those of you who followed it to the end!

5 comments:

  1. what a fun post! you do love your dogs! i LOVE your tree, too by the way!
    that is such a great idea to get ornaments from places you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I had no idea you were such a fan of Christmas. I love that
    you get so excited. As adults we kind of lose that. It's good to see you haven't. And as for
    all of your puppy pictures. We are sure going to miss them too when you guys move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those treats look yummy...I'm looking forward to the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And I love your tree! Your Advent calander is so cute
    too!
    Excited to hang out tomorrow:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun! I wish I had a tree this year. Oh well, we can next year. Love
    the dogs! They have quite the personalities. Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete