4.29.2013

And We're live....

Our adoption profile is live and active and available for the choosing.

View it here. Our blog, that we are posting to weekly, is here. Pass along cards to come this summer. (Daniel is very busy at work right now and we don't want to overwhelm ourselves.) Please feel free to link one or both.

One thing that I end up telling to just about everyone we talk to about adoption, is that we don't wait to get picked. It's like online dating. We have a certain set of criteria and depending on what the birth mother's conditions are and what she is desiring in a family, it can match us up.

The more important part: is looking. Those who get placed with sooner are those out pounding the pavement. Statistically LDS Family Services has 3 couples hoping to adopt for every baby they place. Odds are against us. Those who get placed with quickly have some 3rd party connection, most of the time. It will be one of you, my friends, family, readers, who helps us out. The trust when someone you know says to you, "I'm sorry you are in such a rough situation, have you considered placing for adoption? My good friends...." is higher than "I found this couple on the internet." Every one referring us will get us there sooner.

You know how God has said to us that we need to do, act, and move on it? This is exactly where we need you. Daniel and I are only 2 bodies. We only know so many people. But all of the people we know combined with all of the people they know, is monumentally more influential. Good things come to those who wait. Better things are found by those who go looking and work hard. So we are starting our search. It's a little scary, I have to be honest. But it's the good kind of scary. Like a roller coaster ride that gives you a thrill. Like getting married is something you've not done before, so it's uncharted waters, but the best kind of adventure lies waiting. Our greatest adventure is yet to come and is just beyond our reach. Can you  help us reach it?

Once I have pass-a-long cards ready, I'll ask for addresses so I can send some to you all. and you can give them out. Let's do this thing!!

Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Ashley! If I ever hear of anyone, or anyone who knows anyone, I'll definitely let them know! We hope you're able to find that baby of yours soon! On a different level, obviously, I know what it's like to want to start your little family and have to wait it out. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete