9.17.2011

Posting things

The amount of posting has drastically dropped since returning to China, as we are having fewer adventures. We are still having fun, but we have fallen into the swing of things. We still have adventures to come though, so I will obviously continue posting.

Here are some of the things that I am up to since returning at the end of August. I was called as an early morning seminary teacher for the Beijing 1st and Beijing China International District virtual seminary class. That's a mouthful. It means that the kids in the Beijing and from 3 other places around China call in everyday at 6:30 am and we have a teleconference seminary class. I am really enjoying teaching and things I am learning about the Old Testament this year. My only issue now is that whole getting up early thing. I usually go back to bed around 8-ish after class is over and I've cleaned up my teleconference materials. This lasts until around 10 or 11, depending on how tired I am. We usually go to bed around 9 or so and are asleep by 10, but I still get tired.

Adding 2 hours of spiritual preparation to my day and starting my day with a 1 hour spiritual lesson, I feel, is improving my personal attitudes and positively effecting my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I truly am enjoying it.

I have also started tutoring a few students. I have a 6th, a 10th, and an 11th grader that I tutor. It's been good for me as I am diving back into my high-school and college writing skills. I am really enjoying that, as well as making money at it too. Plus I have the wife of the President of Life China come twice a week with her friend for conversation skills lessons and I get about 30$ for that each time. My life is a good kind of busy now.

Last weekend and this weekend we attended parties with groups from Lifetime for the Mid-Autumn Festival. As soon as I get the pictures from this weekend's event, I will post about the fun we had there.

I am sad to be missing things at home, but when we got back I realized I missed my Chinese friends too. I will be sad to leave them when the time comes. Until then, I am going to enjoy their company.


1 comment:

  1. Wow so much teaching going on! Seminary sounds fun even if it is early

    ReplyDelete