11.22.2009

Tidbits from my Trip

I had a good time in Virginia. I was able to spend some time with my Maxine (despite grandma's claiming her, she is MY Maxine!) and other family members. We saw some historical places and I learned a few more things about my family. Unfortunately we did not have time to get to sewing stuff. That will just have to wait.

On Saturday we went with Maxine and Summer to the Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia. They have brought over authentic buildings from the places around the the world that immigrants came from. This is the English Farm House from the 1600s. They are working buildings. There was also an Irish Farm, a German Farm, two early American Farms and they were working on a West African farm while we were there.
When we got the to the German Farm there were a bunch of funny looking chickens. My Uncle Andy said they were Polish Chickens. They all had really bushy heads. This is Maxine and Summer with the Chickens.

Sunday was relaxed. Maxine was able to go to Church for the first time in 4 months (Dad doesn't think she likes it since he didn't, but she does.)

I did her hair from a picture from the Princess and her Hair Blog. It turned our really well on Maxine because of the summer sun bleaching of her hair. She got a ton of compliments at church. She loved it and her dad managed to save it for school the next day too.


After Church we went My uncle's house, Maxine's dad, and had a nice dinner. My cousin Meagan has two little girls that are just beautiful. This is Nayelli (Their father is Mexican). She is 15 months. Isn't she gorgeous? Look at those eyes!And this is my cousin Summer (left - Maxine's younger sister) with Marlene. Marlene is 6. Both girls have beautiful eyes and amazing hair and skin. Marlene has always looked like a china doll. This was taken when she was just past 1 year. Can you believe the hair?

I'll post the rest of my trip over the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like you had tons of fun. Tell Daniel to start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete