11.09.2011

My flea bitten adventure into the wild...

Or as everyone else called it, a trip to another set of Tulou Earth Buildings. This time we went out to the Dadi cluster. It was a beautiful drive to a very large round building. Here are some photos from along the way. 

Our journey had some amazing sights like:
.
 Carrying a bike on a motorcycle.
 Small trucks full of pigs.
 Amazing tea farms.
 Rows and rows of neatly planted and trimmed tea bushes.
 Farmers drying their tea leaves.
 People transporting the tea leaves.
 Nicely dressed people transporting the tea leaves.

And then we arrived. This little woman here kept telling Selena something in the local language so I had no idea what she was saying. She kept pointing to me and then touching her face. Selena told me she kept saying my skin was beautiful. I guess that inability to hold a tan is pretty in China.

 She let us take her picture. Don't mind me, look at the cute little Chinese woman. She was collecting plastic bottles to turn in for money. All the old ladies are doing it.

Here it is. The Big daddy. It has a diameter of about 75 meters.
 Inside.
This is the highest floor. It has this "hidden passage" all along the outside.

Then we headed over the other Tulou near it. On the way we were warned of danger.
 I think. Translation?
And then this was apparently the danger.

 
This is one of the tea "fields" where they are currently harvesting. 

We all know how safe it is to combine water and electricity and they have taken it to heart here.

This is where, when I sat down because I was so blasted tired, and I was bitten repeatedly by fleas. I saw the little black buggers and I think I can now count over 40 bites. They are worse than mosquito bites. I have scratched the top off many of them and they hurt more! Thank goodness for prescription itch cream. I hate fleas.


The paving stones were kind of cool. 
Then we went for lunch. At 2 pm. After most of the restaurants had closed. Selena and the driver found us a little restaurant in the local city and we asked if they would still cook lunch.
 So up the stairs we went to an amazing lunch of 8 or so dishes of traditional Chinese food, many of which I liked.
 I grabbed a picture of the kitchen on our way out. They whipped up those dishes so fast.

Then we one more place to see before the sun set.

 Check back tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. I know people that used to wear flea collars on their wrists and ankles to keep them at bay. I guess it could look goofy in short sleeves... maybe disguise them as watch bands?

    ReplyDelete